June 8–July 8, 2022
The costs associated with moving into a new home can add up quickly, particularly for those on a very limited budget. By providing a Welcome Home Kit, stocked with essentials like kitchen tools, cleaning supplies, and toiletries, you ensure that our neighbors start the next chapter of their lives with greater confidence that they have the basic items to get them started.
Fill A Welcome Home Kit
It's a wonderful opportunity for you and your family, friends, church group, and/or co-workers to do something together that can make a real difference in the life of someone who is transitioning from homelessness to housing.
Purchase Items through Amazon for a Contactless Delivery
- Go to our Welcome Home Kit page on Amazon
- Select items to donate
- At checkout, add our shipping address: United Way of Southeastern Idaho, 101 N Main Street, Pocatello, ID 83204
- Under "Gift Options" add "Gift Receipt" to provide your contact information to receive an acknowledgement of your gift
...or Drop Off Donations
- You can drop off your donations at United Way of Southeastern Idaho, 101 N Main Street, Pocatello, ID 83204
- Between June 8–July 8, 2022 from 10am-4pm
Fund a Welcome Kit
- The items that will fill a welcome kit costs about $250
- Donate directly to this project!
Join us for a Packing Party!
- July 14, 2022
- 11:30am – 2:00pm
- Pocatello Historic Downtown Pavillion 420 N Main St, Pocatello, ID 83204
- Lunch served for volunteers
- Please bring a friend and RSVP!
Host a Collection Site
Consider hosting a Welcome Home Kit collection site for donated items. It's a wonderful opportunity for you and your organization, clients and co-workers to do something together that can make a real difference in the life of someone who is transitioning from homelessness to safe and stable housing.
Welcome Home Kit Items
- Place settings: plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, cups
- Pans: frying pans, 4-qt saucepans with lids
- Bakeware: baking pans, cookie sheets
- Gadgets: strainers, cutting and paring knives, long-handled spoons, spatulas, tongs, can openers, measuring cups
- Sponges, brooms, mops, dish soap, hand soap, all-purpose cleaner, dishcloths, towels, paper towels, buckets, waste baskets
- Towels: bath towels, hand towels, washcloths
- Toiletries: shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, toilet paper
- Bathroom supplies: curtains and rings, toilet brush, toilet plunger, bath mat
For questions, contact Wendi Ames at email@example.com
Women United of Southeastern Idaho supports programs that provide critical services for local women and families transitioning from homelessness to safe and stable housing.
Through help from a grant given to Women United by the Idaho Community Foundation, our goal is to provide 100 kits to local families filled with all the essential items to get started in a new home.